Unlocking the Pelvis
Time & Location
About the Event
Did you know that 80% of the information that moves through our neural pathways is afferent? That means from the bottom up or from the lower body up to the brain. The pelvis holds the memory of the body's experience in a very primal way. That held sensation influences our ongoing experience on physical, emotional and energetic levels, often causing us to maintain patterns that are a source of pain. By exploring the pelvis, we can discover ways to release long-held sensations, recognize the roots of our emotional and physical patterns and shift our energies towards healing rather than surviving. If we want to heal, it makes sense to start from where the signals are: the body. If you want to find the wisdom in reconnecting with sensations in the body, please join us for this workshop. You will start by settling yourself in a quiet area on your mat.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn and practice asana designed to balance your pelvic floor.
- Learn and practice diaphragmatic and pelvic floor breathing to promote strength, elasticity, and support.
- Learn the psychophysiological, emotional relationship between mouth, jaw and pelvis.
- Learn somatic based practices including: exercises focusing on musculature of the jaw, pelvis, and sacrum.
Veronica Yacco, E- RYT (500) is a Yoga & Meditation Teacher who Focuses on Functional Anatomy, Reiki Master, and Intuitive Reader.
Sara Kossove, RYT (200), LCSW, LCADC, SEP is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner.
- Unlocking the Pelvis$45$450$0